What personal information is collected from me?
We collect and retain personal information to provide you with service and improve your experience. For example, we collect information when you sign up for service, create an online account, fill out a form, donate, pay your bill, make a purchase, contact Customer Service, use our systems, or applications, communicate with us via third-party social media sites or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, online account username, email address, postal address, phone number, fax number, Social Security number, date of birth, payment method information, payment history, insurance billing information, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers, and any other information you choose to provide.
We may also combine the personal information that we collect with information we collect about you from other sources. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to, identity verification services, credit bureaus, mailing list providers and publicly available sources. We may combine that information with other information we collect about you.
If you believe that any inaccurate or inappropriate information has been obtained or disseminated through your use of our websites, systems, or applications, you should contact Customer Service.
As is true of most websites, systems, and applications, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to analyze trends, to administer the sites, to track users’ movements around the sites, to gather demographic information about our user base, and to deliver information and marketing materials to you.
We sometimes link this automatically collected data to personal information to troubleshoot problems, to provide customer support assistance to users of our websites to improve the content and performance of the websites.
We may also use web analytics services to track additional non-identifying information (such as keywords used in searches to find our site, which pages are visited on our site, how long pages are viewed, etc.).
Personal information does not include publicly available information that is lawfully made available from federal, state, or local records, and anonymized or aggregated information. Anonymized or aggregated information may include IP addresses, browser type, device type, operating system, page views, referring URLs, destination URLs, dates and times of site visits, and other information collected primarily for statistical purposes.
What are cookies and how do we use them?
- Cookies are used to quickly identify your computer or mobile device to remember you. You may disable cookies or set your internet browser to alert you when cookies are being sent to your computer’s browser or device; however, disabling cookies will affect your ability to use certain features on our website.
What else should I know about my privacy?
You are also responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information.
We serve customers in multiple states and the information we collect is governed by those states and U.S. law and our services are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any other state, country, or territory. By accessing or using our websites, systems, or applications or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the transfer of information and the processing of your information.
How do we use your information?
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices, process insurance billing on your behalf;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Verify your identity and prevent fraudulent transactions;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events we offer and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our websites, systems, and applications;
- Personalize and improve our websites, systems, and applications and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
When do we share your information with others?
We may share your information, including personal information, with others as described below:
- To Prevent Harm: We may share information if we believe it is necessary in order to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person.
- As Required by Law: We will share information when we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders, subpoenas or legal process, to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims or demands, or to comply with the requirements of any mandatory applicable (federal, state, or local) law. When we are required to share your personal information, we will request its confidential treatment in accordance with applicable laws, rules, orders or utility tariffs.
- With Your Consent: We may request your permission to share your personal information for a specific purpose not described above. In such case, we will notify you and receive consent before you provide the personal information or before the personal information you have already provided is shared for such purpose.
- Transactions: We may share information in connection with a merger, acquisition, consolidation, change of control, or sale of all or a portion of our assets or if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation.
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries: We may share information with our parent company, subsidiaries, and affiliates to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- Anonymized or Aggregated Information: We may disclose anonymized or aggregated information and user statistics to prospective partners and other third parties, and for other lawful purposes. Anonymized or aggregated information is information that does not identify an individual person.
Do we sell your personal information?
We do not sell the personal information. Sharing of your personal information is limited as described in the manner listed above.
What about links to other sites?
What security precautions are in place to protect your information?
The security of your personal information is important to us. We maintain commercially reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures to protect and limit access to your personal information. We regularly review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and protection methods.
We take prudent steps to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot absolutely guarantee its security.
Because of the global nature of the internet, when you give us information, that information may be sent electronically to servers outside the country where you originally entered the information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
With specific regard to emails, please know that information you send to us via email may not be secure and may be intercepted by others before it reaches us. Please exercise discretion in what information you send to us electronically. We are not responsible for the security of information that you send to us through email prior to such email being received by us.
Once we receive your information, we take reasonable measures to protect the security of your personal information and to ensure the integrity of the information we collect.
How do we communicate with you?
We will communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request, and to manage your account. As applicable, we will communicate with you by email, text or telephone according to your preference.
How do we protect children’s privacy?
We believe that protecting children’s privacy online is extremely important and respect national and international laws, including the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Our website is not directed to children under 13 years of age and does not knowingly collect personal information from children.
If you are a parent or legal guardian who discovers your child provided us with information without your consent, please contact us. If we become aware that a child under 13 years of age has provided us with personal information, we take immediate steps to delete such information.
Do we retain your personal information?
We retain your personal information for only as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the service you have requested, or for legitimate business purposes, such as complying with our legal obligations, under applicable laws, regulations, rules, contracts, and court orders.
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy on our websites, systems, and applications.
How can you contact us?